Have you thought about how long you spend sorting out and picking up your kid’s toys and how often do you do it in a day? Did you just say, “I can no longer keep track?” We feel your exhaustion from doing it over and over again. Maybe we can ask our kids to put their toys away right after they play with them. Yes, we know you do that. But how do we make it an exciting activity for our toddlers to clean up toys aside from asking them to put them away?
Kids’ Toy Storage Ideas
Use these 10 amazing kids’ toy storage ideas to make cleaning up easy and fun:
1. Bed-shape storage drawer – Literally, ask your kids to put their toys to sleep by placing them in their own beds. The upper part of the shelf should look like a bed, and the lower portion would be a pull-out drawer similar to a pull-out bed.
2. Parking space-themed shelf – Entice your boys to put their toy cars in their parking lot when they are not “driving” it.
3. Jurassic Park diorama – Those dinosaurs aren’t going anywhere but to the home where they belong, Jurassic Park.
4. Put the animals in their cages – Use the old crib as a cage for the children’s stuffed animals. You may label the crib with cut-out letters and name a zoo after your kid, e.g. Jason’s Zoo. Or you may also label it as Noah’s Ark.
5. Hang the monkeys with Winnie the Pooh – With a few pieces of wood and ropes, create swing-like shelves to hang stuffed toys.
6. A chest of treasured toys – Turn your old plastic storage boxes into your kid’s pirate treasure chest. Find some nice materials that would suit your taste for a treasure box, but a vintage look would be a great choice.
7. Storage bin with removable dividers – A transparent plastic storage box with removable dividers could be an excellent toy keeper. Your kids would be able to easily identify in which part of the box they kept their favorite toy even without opening it yet. This would avoid putting out all the toys that they don’t want to play with.
8. Portable Storage Case – Although this was manufactured for a different purpose, this 30-compartment portable storage container can also organize puzzle boards and their pieces, Lego building bricks, cooking sets, or educational toys.
9. Stackable Shoe Storage Box – Convert this shoe organizer to house your boy’s Hot Wheels, Matchbox, and other diecast vehicles.
10. Laundry hampers – Recycle old laundry hampers to store medium size stuffed toys, jumping ropes, or balls.
Make sure that the toy storages are easy to reach by your children, sturdy, and wouldn’t be too big or heavy for them. Add a little more creativity in designing the storage containers to charm them and help you in cleaning up their toys.