Flowers are one of the most beautiful additions you can accessorize within your home. In our previous posts, we’ve talked about gardening – the easiest plants to grow, how to keep your garden healthy, and a lot more. So let’s take all of that info and cultivate it with some tips on how you can decorate your home with your favorite flowers.
Top Favorite Flowers for Home Decor
Have no idea what kind of flowers to use to decorate your home? Here are some household favorites and their meaning:
- Lilacs – are frequently considered a harbinger of spring, with the time of their bloom signaling whether spring will be early or late. In the language of flowers, purple lilacs symbolize the first emotions of love, while white lilacs represent youthful innocence.
- Roses – this has to be one of the most popular and well-loved flowers – for decor or as a token of appreciation/love. Roses, especially red, convey deep emotion – love, longing, or admiration.
- Sunflower – a look at a sunflower will instantly brighten up your day. It symbolizes happiness, warmth, and longevity.
- Daisy – symbolizes cheerfulness, at the same time, it also conveys innocence and sincerity. Daisies are often paired with other flowers like primroses.
- Tulips – on the other hand, tulips symbolize “perfect love”. Like a lot of flowers, different colors also have their own meaning. For example, red tulips – love, purple – royalty, white – worthiness/forgiveness, and so on.
5 Tips for Decorating Your Home With Your Favorite Flowers
Now that you have some flowers to choose from, here are five home decorating tips for your favorite flowers:
Picking A Vase
Picking a vase actually matters when you want your flowers to look more beautiful and last longer. Remember, you want to make the flowers as your focal point thus, pick a simple vase. It can be a simple translucent vase.
No need to fill your vase to the top. Just make sure to fill the vase with room-temperature water and at least halfway to keep your flowers hydrated. It’s also important to clean and change the water every two to three days.
Avoid Direct Sunlight or Heat
Keep your flowers in a room with cool temperature so they will last longer. Also, avoid placing your flowers in a place where sunlight will directly hit them or anywhere near heat. This way, they won’t get quickly dehydrated.
This is a tried and tested trick to keep your bouquets fresh; drop some crushed aspirin on the water before putting your flowers. The salicylic acid in the aspirin will help keep the water clean and free of flower-damaging bacteria.
Gardening is a very therapeutic hobby, with that said, you might want to try your hands on flower arrangement. You can watch videos on Youtube or attend a local class. By having skills in flower arrangement, you also have more freedom in styling your flowers.
What are your favorite flowers? Do you have any more tips to share? Leave a comment below!