With the increasing cost of consumer goods, homemakers find it hard to set their grocery budget. It’s sad that they sometimes overlook getting a good home cleaning product to make sure that the family’s health is well taken care of.
This results in instances where they would rather choose to spend their money on food, which of course, is a high priority over other consumer products. To help homemakers, here is a simple DIY all-purpose natural home cleaner recipe that is seamlessly easy to follow.
All-Purpose Natural Home Cleaner
If you have included a few herbs and citrus fruits, specifically lemon, in your grocery list, this would be a timely opportunity to create your own all-purpose natural home cleaning product.
What you need to create your natural home cleaner:
- Coarse salt
- Herbs (Rose, Thyme, Peppermint, or Lavender) or Lemon
- Vegetable oil
- Dark jar
- Spray bottle
After taking the time to do all the things you have prioritized to work on after purchasing your groceries, you can go ahead to produce your home cleaning product.
For a Lemon-scent home cleaning mixture:
- Use lemon rinds for your mixture. Peel it off from the fruit and place them in the jar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coarse salt.
- Fill the jar with vinegar.
- Let it sit for two weeks.
- Keep them in a cool dry place
- Your mixture is ready to use in two weeks. Drain it and transfer it to a spray bottle.
- When scrubbing non-delicate surfaces, you can directly pour the mixture onto your rag or sponge to get some of the salt and use it as your scouring agent.
Herb-infused all-purpose home cleaner
This can be prepared the same way as the lemon-scented home cleaner, or you can choose to boil your herbs for an immediate result. Here‘s how:
- Fill your cooking vessel half with water and put in your choice of herbs.
- Bring to a boil on low heat. While processing your herb-infused home cleaner, you will be noticing that your kitchen starts smelling good too. Wouldn’t that be nice?
- While enjoying that great smell, don’t forget to pour one teaspoon of vegetable oil as soon as your mixture starts boiling. If you have available essential oils, you may use them in replacement of vegetable oil.
- Continue to boil in low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Set it aside and let it cool.
- Add a tablespoon of coarse salt to a jar.
- Transfer your mixture to the jar.
- Place some in a bottle spray for easy use during cleaning.
Keep your home smelling clean with your own manufactured, all-purpose natural home cleaner.