With the increasing cost of consumer goods, homemakers find it hard to set their grocery budget. Itās sad that they sometimes overlook getting a good home cleaning product to make sure that the familyās health is well taken care of. Ā This results in instances that they would rather choose to spend their money on food, which of course is a high priority over other consumer products. To help homemakers, here is a simple DIY all-purpose natural home cleaner recipe which is seamlessly easy to follow.
All-Purpose Natural Home Cleaner
If you have included a few herbs and citrus fruits specifically lemon, in your grocery list, this would be a timely opportunity to create your own all-purpose natural home cleaning product. Ā
What you need to create your natural home cleaner:
- Coarse salt
- Herbs (Rose, Thyme, Peppermint, or Lavender) or Lemon
- Vegetable oil
- Dark jar
- Spray bottle
After taking the time to do all the things you have prioritized to work on after purchasing your groceries, you can go ahead to producing your home cleaning product.
For a Lemon-scent home cleaning mixture:
- Use lemon rinds for your mixture. Peel it off from the fruit and place them in the jar. Ā Ā
- Add 1 tablespoon of coarse salt.
- Fill the jar with vinegar.
- Let it sit for two weeks.
- Keep them in a cool dry place
- Your mixture is ready to use in two weeks. Drain it and transfer it to a spray bottle.
- When scrubbing non-delicate surfaces, you can directly pour the mixture onto your rag or sponge to get some of the salt and use it as your scouring agent.
And, we might have forgotten to mention, set aside your peeled lemons for your consumption or cooking needs.
Herb-infused all-purpose home cleaner
This can be prepared the same way as the lemon-scented home cleaner or you can choose to boil your herbs for an immediate result. Hereās how:
- Fill your cooking vessel half with water and put in your choice of herbs.
- Bring to a boil in low heat. While processing your herb-infused home cleaner you will be noticing that your kitchen starts smelling good too. Wouldnāt that be nice?
- While enjoying that great smell, donāt forget to pour one teaspoon of vegetable oil as soon your mixture starts boiling. If you have available essentials oils, you may use them in replacement of the vegetable oil.
- Continue to boil in low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Add a tablespoon of coarse salt in a jar.
- Transfer your mixture in the jar.
- Place some in a bottle spray for easy use during cleaning.
Aside from the invigorating smell of your herbs, they have phytochemicals which may be antifungal, antimicrobial or antiseptic. As shown by some studies, Rose and Thyme have an Ā antimicrobial effect.
Keep your home smelling clean with your own manufactured all-purpose natural home cleaner.