The Steampunk theme might be weird for some, but it surely is a unique, refreshing, and sometimes exhilarating way to ramp things up when it comes to design. And whether be it used in interior designs or party themes, it’s indeed not a “go-to” style.
However, this is what makes this design appealing: it has its own appeal and charisma. Not everyone will like it, but many will surely take an interest in it. So if you’re ready to set up a fun and interesting steampunk party, we’ve got you covered!
In today’s post, we’re going to create a Steampunk party banner decor.
If you’re into mechanical, clockwork gears, and leathers, then this is a party specially made for you! It’s fun and most probably an event that will surely be remembered for its uniqueness. If you’re looking to hold a proper Steampunk party, you can read our post “Steampunk Party Decorating Ideas” where we covered the essentials you need to host one wickedly-fun party.
Paper Gear Steampunk Party Banner Decor
For this project, we’re going to create a steampunk paper gear banner – a perfect must-have for any Steampunk party. Here’s how:
- Colored Paper – Add different colors/designs to make your banner more interesting.
- Pencil – Trace your gear on colored paper or scrapbooking paper.
- Template – Find a gear template that you like.
- Scrapbooking Paper – Pick different designs that are related to your steampunk theme.
- Scrapbooking Pewter Screw Top Brads – Use this to link your gears. You can also use plain brads if you can’t find the one with a screw top.
- Scissors – Obviously for cutting.
Letâ€™s Get Started
- Print out your chosen gear template and trace it over colored paper or scrapbooking paper.
- Cut the paper once you’ve traced your template onto it. This can be a bit time-consuming if you’re doing a long banner, so make sure to get the help of a family member or a friend to help cut the templates.
- Lay the paper gears out and arrange them according to your liking. You can place the designs alternately or place each design together.
- To link your steampunk party banner, punch the scrapbooking pewter screw top brads on each paper gear and fasten them together. Continue connecting them until you get the length that you desired.
- After you link the banner, the last thing you need to do is hang them, and you’re done!
Easy, isn’t it? This DIY steampunk party banner decor will surely fit your “Steampunk Party Decorating Ideas.” What would you like us to steampunk-ified next? Let us know in the comment section below. Cheers!