You ever know that you need to do something, but putting it off because you don’t know where to start just turns it into a much bigger thing than it should be? Or is that just me?
So yeah, Hi! I’ve been MIA for a while. I’ve had some life changes, all for the positive, that have taken a lot of my time away from blogging. Also, as previously mentioned, I didn’t really know what to say. So in true “Megan loves brevity” fashion, let me quickly runover what’s going on and where this is all going.
- In July I was officially diagnosed with ADHD and it’s the best thing ever. Errr, not the condition, but the diagnosis because it was like there was finally a reason behind the weird shit I do and the inexplicable events that were in my past. Consequently, I’ve spent a LOT of time in therapy going through understanding all of this and learning how to, for lack of a better word, cope.
- I deleted all my social media, except Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. I’ve hated Facebook/Meta for a long time but felt like I had to be there. No more! I’m done trying to balance feelings of hypocrisy with the stress of maintaining consistent social media posts, so I just got rid of it all.
- Which obviously presents a challenge for marketing this blog. I talk more about that and what I plan to do on my other blog (yay for ADHD!)
- I turned 38 in October and had an Awakening with a capital A. There was some internal switch that flipped inside of me because whatever subconscious I have was apparently sick of the way I was treating myself. I’ve spent the past few months shedding a lot of negative feelings I had around myself, life, sexuality, career, body image….you name it.
- My work as a freelance writer has picked up by a LOT. Much of my time is now spent writing for other people which makes it difficult to decompress by…writing a blog post.
- I got a fish. for free. Well, the fish was free, the things the fish needs to thrive were most definitely NOT. I’ll get into that in another post soon.
What happens next
To be honest, I don’t know. I want to spend the next week or so rehashing my goals for beige house and decide what I want it to be when it grows up…and how I’ll make that happen. I don’t intend to close it or delete anything, but I think I need to take some time and figure out what posts are the most beneficial for you.
Talk soon, I promise.