This week I was called in for jury duty! I had been called to serve before in Brooklyn but never got selected. This time was a little closer to sitting in the juror’s box except the trial would’ve lasted a LONG time (according to the Prosecutors) and the judge took pity on me, the self-employed freelance writer who would’ve most likely lost her clients due to the extended time away from turning in any deliverables.
Also, I got called into the courthouse on the ONLY day we had single-digit temperatures and massive amounts of snow. Which is my luck, of course.
Anyhow, here’s what I found interesting this week
- I’m super intimidated by wallpaper, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like looking at it. Here are some predicted trends in wallpaper you might see this year.
- This one is more for the home design industry but it’s an interesting peek into the world of interior design software and how it’s expected to become a ginormous part of the industry with predictions all the way to 2026.
- Houseplant post! Yes, houseplant content is coming which means spring is almost here!
- Aww, I love this post and want that hammered vase. 5 Artistic delights from Indian small businesses for your sweet home
- Our 12th wedding anniversary is next month and we’ve been trying to figure out what to do. Steve’s still laid up with an ankle injury as he waits for surgery and we’re not super into gifts (we prefer to celebrate with experiences like travel) so I’ve been poking around the internet for inspiration. This article was interesting for eye candy, at least. The 18 Best China Anniversary Gifts For Your 20th Anniversary (and Beyond!)